- Make sure that your passport is valid (note: in some countries, a foreign passport must be valid for 6 months from the date of entry);
- Apply for the required visa (note: in some countries a visa is placed at the airport upon arrival);
- Adhere to the rules for passing customs control.
- Make sure that your driver’s license is recognized and will be valid in the country you are going to (note: often when renting a car there are age restrictions);
- Check the power supply voltage in the country of travel, if necessary, take an adapter with you;
- Find out the cost of access to the Internet and the cost of telephone calls.
- Consult a doctor or find out on the Internet which vaccines you may need and what safety measures should be taken when entering the country
- Do not forget to take the medications that you usually take with you;
- Prepare the first aid kit by consulting with a doctor or pharmacist in the pharmacy.
Members of CIS countries (Commonwealth of Independent States) are not required to have entry visas. Citizens of Russia need only passports. Visitors from other countries need a passport and an entry visa, which can be obtained from Armenian embassies abroad or at the Armenian border. For additional information, visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Republic of Armenia. The cost of an entry visa depends on its type, how it is obtained, and how long visitors will stay.
- Items for personal usage can be imported and exported without a customs declaration. Personal items up to US$500 can be imported duty-free.
- Armenia has no limits on imports or exports of foreign currency as long as visitors declare the amounts. They must keep their declarations until they leave. Amounts totaling US$10,000 or more (or equivalent in other currency) must be transmitted through a bank.
- Scheduled flights arrive and depart at Zvartnots International Airport, 12 km (xx mi.) outside Yerevan.
- Public transportation in Yerevan is via bus, minibus, subway, and taxi. Visitors with drivers’ licenses may also rent cars. The rental cost depends on the model and the term of the lease. If you are renting a car, we suggest you do it through a tourism agency. A liter of petrol runs about $1.